Transitional Design provides move management services. We can help anyone of any age downsize and move. We are a member of the National Association for Senior Move Managers (NASMM). It’s quite common for today’s seniors to have been in their current home for 30 years or more. Leaving a home after this length of time is often a daunting and emotional experience. Our insured, ethical and caring staff are trained to assist in every aspect of the move, including moving you to your new home. Deciding what to do with everything that you can’t take with you is often just as challenging as the move itself.
Move Management Services
The Transitional Design team can help to minimize the chaos and stress associated with moving by addressing all aspects of the move process. We create and execute a seamless action plan, customized to our client’s wishes. Our priority is to our client, and services are personalized to promote their dignity and meet their needs. To sum it up, what we really offer is PEACE OF MIND.
- Pre-Move Preparation which includes sorting through what you currently have and deciding what to move with you, give to family, sell, donate or dispose.
- Floor Planning for your new home to determine which furniture pieces will fit.
- We professionally pack for your move.
- We can move you if you are local, or we can refer a mover if you are moving out of town.
- We have settling-in services. We unpack all the boxes and put everything in it’s place.
- We are pet lovers and will do our best to find a good home for your furry or feathered friends if you are not able to take them with you.
Transitional Design provides Aging-In-Place Services. Moving may not be the best decision for you or your aging family member right now — due to personal choice, financial considerations, etc. But you still desire a change. Later in life, or at any age, our homes often become cluttered with our “stuff.” Our homes don’t work for us as well as they did a few years ago (or maybe decades ago). Transitional Design can declutter, organize, and recommend home modifications.
Transitional Design’s focused services accomplish a great deal in very little time, so you save both time and money. The end result: You are happier with how your home looks and feels . . . And it’s much safer!
- Defining your visions: “Where do we begin?” We can help you prioritize what areas need work.
- Creating a floor plan and repurposing your existing space so it works better for you NOW.
- Evaluating what you want and need in your home.
- Deciding what will be donated, sold or discarded and executing your wishes.
- Determining your future needs and simplifying your lifestyle — gaining the freedom to live the life you want.
- Exploring home care maintenance concerns.
- Reducing home safety concerns and eliminating common in-home hazards.
- Recommend professionals to make home modifications such as grab bars, walk-in bathtubs, electric chair climbers and more.
Transitional Design has the service of doing a complete cleanout of an estate after someone has moved or passed away. Many families are left in a quandary about what to do and how to clean out an entire home. They are afraid to throw out something that may be valuable, and often don’t know where to start or have the time to do it themselves. The house is usually the biggest asset of an estate. Even if the mortgage is paid, the taxes, insurance, maintenance, etc still have to be paid. We have services that can address an entire home cleanout and are glad to work side by side with the family or do the work by ourselves. We can usually clean out an entire estate within a two day period. Often it takes the family a year to get it done. We are a member of the Institute for Challenging Disorganization (ICD), and the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (NAPO).
- Our team will take whatever is sellable back to our location for sale via our resale store or online auction. Everything is sold on consingment, and the seller or executor will receive their percentage from the sale. If the estate has a large amount of good furniture and belongings, we can provide an online auction from the house or have an estate sale.
- We will throw all trash away using either a dumpster or haul it in our truck to the landfill.
- We will take items to donation that are not something we would sell but still too nice to throw away.
- We will take hazardous waste and dispose of it according to city guidelines.
- We have shredding service.
- We will provide a one-time cleaning so that the house can go on the market. We also offer home staging service in cases where the house will sell better having it staged.